Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mindful Eating for Better Health

Summer is nearly here, and that means barbecues with the neighbors, sangria on the deck, and weekends where the healthiest thing I've eaten is corn-on-the-cob. (Which is really not at all healthy!) 


I blame last weekend's cook-out, but I had an awful (and I do mean AWFUL) craving for hot dogs yesterday. When I crave hot dogs, it's either for a Chicago-style dog with the works or a Sabrett's dirty water dog straight from NYC. Alas, we weren't in either city. 


So I settled for Nathan's. 


After we went to the movies last night, we passed by Nathan's, which is part of the Tanger Outlet Stores complex. That's not exactly true. We didn't pass by. We stopped. And ate. Chicken tenders for Ashley, and greasy fries and, yes, hot dogs for me and T.J.

I'd love to say it was the best hot dog I'd ever had. But it really wasn't. In fact, my stomach felt OFF for the rest of the night.


When you get used to putting healthy foods in your body -- which I have, for the most part -- other foods lose their appeal. 


This is just another way the Law of Attraction works in our best interests. When we CHOOSE healthy foods, we want more HEALTHY FOODS.


Need a Hand Eating Healthy?  
I know it's not always easy to make the switch from choosing junk foods to eating healthy. It takes time to build up momentum.  



But there's a program that can help. I highly recommend Warren Honeycutt's GetHoneycutt and FitBodybyPhone. 


When I eat foods that aren't good for me, I hear my life and business development coach J.Sewell Perkins saying, "You're poisoning yourself." Usually I think twice and reach for blueberries, strawberries or a spinach salad, instead. When I don't (like last night) I regret it. 

When you subscribe to GetHoneycutt and/or FitBodybyPhone, you'll get COACHING from J.Sewell Perkins of the Success Coaches Institute, AND nutrition and fitness training from Warren Honeycutt. In fact, FitBodybyPhone is like having Warren in your pocket -- wherever you go. And that includes restaurants, vacations and those backyard barbecues. 

With support like that, it's hard NOT to eat healthy, feel better and get the lifestyle you want!  


If you want to learn more, tune in tonight to BlogTalk Radio, when my good friend Debbie Mahler of Technical Tidbits and MICE Training & Technology hosts FitBodybyPhone.







* I not only use FitBodybyPhone, I'm an affiliate of the program. That means I'll get a lil' sumthin' if you purchase the program through my link. But it's nothing compared to what you'll get when you make the commitment to a LIFETIME of BETTER HEALTH.
 







2 comments:

  1. Good reminder, Dawn. I've noticed when I crave something "bad," it's best to give in or get grumpy. But it's funny how sometimes my body craves a good salad.

    Think I'll grab a beer...

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn. I think what you wrote was true. If you choose healthy foods, they choose you right back. lol I've been doing that today. I've had a junky several months with food. I've been eating salads, cheese (feta is my new fav) veggies, etc. I just want to eat healthy so my son eats healthy too. I'd love a beer though. lol

    ReplyDelete