Monday, September 19, 2011

How to Manifest a Pony

Ashley hasn't always been a "horse person" so I blame our close friend Nancy's influence for this story!

Yesterday morning, Ashley woke up and said to me, "Mommy, I want a horse."
"A horse?"
"Yes, a big one."

As part of my parenting philosophy in teaching my children the Law of Attraction, I don't tell them: "You can't have..." If it's something I'd prefer they not get (like candy), I say, "I don't want you to have that right now."

If it's something they could, theoretically, manifest in the future I will take a different tact. I might ask: "Well, how do you think you can get that? Where could we find it? And what would you have to do?" Or I'll make a suggestion. If it's something I could see us having in a reasonable time frame, I'll mention that: "You'll have cake at your cousins' birthday party next week."

Or, if I'm short on time and don't feel like getting into it -- or if it's the third or fourth time Ashley has said it, I'll simply leave an open-ended, "We'll see. Someday."

So, met with "I want a horse," I simply said, "Talk to Nancy!" After hearing "I want a horse" for the 40th time, I had an idea... "We're going to the Bellmore Street Fair today. Maybe there will be pony rides and you can ride a pony. Would that be good enough for now?"


"Okay," Ashley replied.

We get to the street fair and what's there but pony rides. (Of course.) So Ashley got to ride a pony named Daisy not once, but twice.


She also had her first roller coaster ride... something she hasn't mentioned directly but has probably been manifesting since about two weeks old when T.J. used to swing her in her carseat.

Roller coaster.  Fast cars. Shoes. Now horses. Ashley already has some expensive hobbies. Should be an interesting 18 + years ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment